ABOUT STUDY WRITE
The Study Write 11+ Year 5 tuition programme
11+ EXTRA TUITION IN HALIFAX
QUALITY CHILDREN EDUCATION
The Study Write 11+ Year 5 tuition programme is designed to prepare Year 5 children for the 11+ entrance exam to the grammar schools in Calderdale and its surrounding areas.
The course runs from the September when your child enters Year 5 and is completed the week of the entrance exam, within the first 5 weeks of being in Year 6.
The entrance exam is comprised of 4 components:
- English Comprehension & Creative Writing which accounts for the overall mark of 35%
- Mathematics which accounts for 35% of the overall mark.
- Verbal Reasoning which accounts for 30% of the overall mark.
Study Write 11+ teaches these 4 components over the 12 month period and thoroughly prepares your child for the 11plus exam by building upon their current school knowledge in English and Mathematics and teaches them the Verbal Reasoning skills and concepts which are not currently taught in school.
In addition to strengthening children’s academic skills, the Study Write 11+ sessions teaches time management, organisation skills and how to excel under exam conditions.
Using past papers, continually throughout the sessions, the children are taught how to answer the exam questions successfully.
Study Write encourages children to develop a positive work ethic and desire to succeed.
The children grow in confidence, knowledge and ability over the course of the programme.
As a result they feel prepared for the next step in their school journey.
- 11+ Tuition
- Study Write Prep: Year 4
- Extra Tuition & Study Support for Secondary School Pupils.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO
- Enable your child to undertake the
11+ examination successfully?
- Foster a love of learning and a desire to achieve
- Teach your child to embrace challenge.
- Create, within them, an attitude and effort
which determines everything.
- Place them with a professional, reputable 11+
teaching service that began in 2012 and has an average
pass rate of 80% year on year.