11+ Preparation Tuition in Halifax with Study Write 11+ Year 4
The Study Write 11+ Prep tuition course is designed to prepare Year 4 children for the Study Write 11+ programme that they would undertake at the start of Year 5.
The course runs from the September when your child enters the year 4 school year and is completed at the end of year 4. Due to the nature of the course Year 4 children can join at any point of the year. Small class sizes, less than 12, ensure a focused and more personalised approach to their learning.
During the 11+ Prep the children are taught: an array of English Skills (comprehension and creative writing), Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning, at a high, challenging level, in order to help them prepare for the eleven plus year when they reach Year 5.
The 11+ Prep course is now seen as integral to the eleven process as it provides the Year 4 children with a high expectation of what the 11+ expects them to achieve. It provides the foundation in English, Mathematics & Verbal Reasoning for the 11+ Study Write programme to build successfully on.
Outstanding teachers teaching not tutoring with regular feedback to both parents and children ensure each child learns to the best of their ability.
We create fun, nurturing environments where every child is made to feel valued.
Please get in touch for further information. Classes held both mid-week and on a Saturday morning for your convenience.
Study Write 11+ Prep Year 4 Locations & Time:
Study Write 11+ currently teaches its 11+ Prep programme at two schools across Calderdale.
These sessions must be pre-booked (after an initial consultation to deem suitability) but are open to any child in Year 4 throughout Calderdale and its surrounding areas.
All Saints J&I School,
Skircoat Green, Halifax,
The Crossley Health School
Sports & Conference Centre, Spring Edge Halifax, HX3 0HG
An exemplar of a Study Write 11+ Prep Year 4 Session.
During the Autumn Term, the Math’s & English Verbal Reasoning skills are taught within the English & Mathematic lessons.
- An English Starter activity – word, sentence & text level skills are taught and reinforced.
- Verbal Reasoning concepts are taught and then reinforced and consolidated using a variety of questions
- English features and devices are taught to support English Comprehension & Creative writing.
- Mathematics – following the national curriculum elements of the Year 4 & 5 programme of study, the 11+ teaching focuses on high levels of understanding and real life application. Problem solving skills are continually strengthened through the use of exam style questions and mental arithmetic exercises.
- Weekly homework is set across the three subjects and children are expected to spend 1-2 hours each week completing it.
- Regular feedback to parent and child creates a more focused approach to their learning.
- Small class sizes, less than 12, ensure we can give your child the teaching they deserve.
The 11+ prep resources for the sessions and the homework are provided by Study Write 11+.